Buying a home is one of the biggest purchases of our lives. And while the path to homeownership can be an overwhelming experience for many of us, it can be even more challenging for veterans who are trying to find and finance a home while transitioning back to civilian life.
U.S. Military on the Move® program
U.S. Military on the Move® (MOM) is an exclusive program offered through Michael Saunders & Company’s affiliation with Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®. MOM provides active duty, retired military and wounded warriors with special benefits on real estate services, including a real estate credit at closing.
A growing number of Michael Saunders & Company agents have become Certified Military Specialists, honing their skills to better serve military members, veterans and their families, and representing them through the MOM program.
Here’s how the MOM program works:
- To be eligible, you must register with U.S. Military on the Move® before contacting a Michael Saunders & Company agent and be represented by the assigned real estate brokerage at closing to qualify.
- When you buy or sell a home through MOM, you’ll receive a reward credit at closing.
- Reward credits are based on the actual sales price — not a fixed amount based on a range of values.
- Choose any lender – MSC Mortgage is ready to assist.
- Qualified military customers can receive a reward credit equal to 20% of the function side commission at closing (where allowed by law) when buying or selling a home with a Certified Military Specialist.
What to expect from MOM:
- A highly regarded professional dedicated to streamlining and managing your real estate transaction
- A trained advocate who can respond to the unique needs of military personnel and their families
- A local loan consultant from MSC Mortgage who helps buyers navigate financing options and ensure they receive the best terms as an active or retired military member
VA Home Loan
A VA home loan makes buying a home more affordable for millions of veterans and active service members.
VA loans offer as little as no down payment, do not require private mortgage insurance, and an applicant does not have to be a first-time homebuyer. Because the VA loan is backed by the government, interest rates often are much better than a conventional loan.
VA loan requirements include:
- Completing at least 90 days of active-duty service
- At least 181 days of active-duty service during peacetime
- At least six years of service in the Reserves or National Guard
We salute the commitment and sacrifices our veterans have made on behalf of our country and are proud to provide the resources they need to purchase their dream home.
To learn more about the advantages we offer to veterans, contact MSC Mortgage at 844.890.8034 for loan assistance and MSC Relocation at 888.552.5228 for more details on U.S. Military on the Move®.