You can count on us to provide you with the responsive, professional service you deserve, and to protect your privacy and security along the way.
Overview of Our Commitment to You
- We do not sell customer information to third parties.
- We do not share customer information with outside parties who may wish to market their products to you. You do not have to take any action or instruct us to keep your information confidential. We will protect your privacy automatically.
- We safeguard your customer information carefully. You have choices about how your information may be shared and used. We have made it easy to communicate your privacy preference to us.
- We are committed to helping you protect your privacy every day. In this document, you’ll find tips to help you protect yourself from identity theft, and limit direct marketing from outside companies.
How We Protect and Use Customer Information
- We begin by safeguarding the security and integrity of customer information. We are committed to protecting the security and integrity of customer information through procedures and technology designed for this purpose. For example:
- We limit employee access to customer information to those who have a business reason to know this information. Employees are required to honor our code of conduct, which includes standards to protect customer confidentiality. They are subject to disciplinary action if they fail to do so.
- We maintain policies and procedures covering the proper physical security of workplaces and records.
- We require independent contractors and outside companies who work with us to adhere to strict privacy standards through their contracts with us.
- We use technological means (such as backup files, virus detection and eradication software, firewalls, and other computer software and hardware) to protect against unauthorized access or alterations to customer data.
- We collect and maintain customer information as part of servicing your account and your customer relationship. In the course of serving you, we collect information about you from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information you provide to us on applications or forms.
- Information we receive from an outside company.
- Information about your transactions or experiences with companies affiliated with us.
- We do not share information with outside parties who may wish to market their products to you. We may disclose the information we collect, as described above, with nonaffiliated third parties that are acting on our behalf, including:
- Companies that perform support services for us, such as data processors, technical systems consultants and programmers, check printers, or companies that help us market our products and services to you. We may also share certain information with companies that help us conduct surveys or marketing research.
- There are other situations when we may disclose to third parties the customer information we collect as permitted or required by law. Third parties could include government entities, courts or other entities (in response to subpoenas and other legal processes), and those with whom you have requested us to share information.
- It is important to note that we do not share customer information with other companies for the purpose of marketing their products to you, unless you specifically request in advance that we do so. It is not necessary for you to instruct us not to share information with these outside companies, because we will automatically keep your information confidential.
- Within our organization, we share information so that we can work together to serve you. We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, with our affiliated companies.
- Web Logs and Network Monitoring
Michael Saunders & Company® maintains log files of all access to its site and also monitors network traffic for the purposes of site management. This information is used to help diagnose problems with the server and to carry out other administrative tasks. Log analysis tools are also used to create summary statistics to determine which information is of most interest to users, to identify system problem areas, or to help determine technical requirements.
Information such as the following is collected in these files:
The above information is not used in any way that would reveal personally identifying information to outside parties unless Michael Saunders & Company® is legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
- Hostname: the hostname and/or IP address of the computer requesting access to the site.
- User-Agent: the type of browser, its version, and the operating system of the computer requesting access (e.g., Netscape 4 for Windows, IE 4 for Macintosh, etc.)
- Referrer: the web page the user came from.
- System date: the date and time on the server at the time of access
- Full request: the exact request the user made
- Status: the status code the server returned, e.g., fulfilled request, file not found
- Content length: the size, in bytes, of the file sent to the user
- Method: the request method used by the browser (e.g., post, get)
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI): the location of the particular resource requested. (More commonly known as a URL.)
- Query string of the URI: anything after a question mark in a URI. For example, if a keyword search has been requested, the search word will appear in the query string.
- Protocol: the technical protocol and version used, i.e., http 1.0, ftp, etc.
- Email and Form Information
If a member of the general public sends Michael Saunders & Company® an e-mail message or fills out a web-based form with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, that information will only be used to respond to the request and analyze trends. Such information is not used in any way that would reveal personally identifying information to outside parties unless System Administration is legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings. If you choose to give us your phone number, you are giving us permission to call you in response to this request, even if this phone number is in the State and/or National Do Not Call Registry.
- Web Links on Michael Saunders & Company® web site.
This site may contain links to other sites. Michael Saunders & Company® is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- Web Site Security
This site has security measures in place to protect from loss, misuse and alteration of the information.
- Web Browser Cookies
A “cookie” is a small file containing information that is placed on a user’s computer by a web server. Typically, these files are used to enhance the user’s experience of the site, to help users move between pages in a database, or to customize information for a user.
Any information that Michael Saunders & Company® webservers may store in cookies is used for internal purposes only. Cookie data is not used in any way that would disclose personally identifiable information to outside parties unless Michael Saunders & Compnay® is legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
You Have Choices
We do not sell customer information or share it with outside third parties who may wish to market their products to you. We will protect your privacy automatically.
If you choose to express a privacy preference (information sharing, or solicitation preference), it will remain in effect as long as you are a customer. If you have already recorded a privacy preference with us, there is no need to do so again. You may change your instructions at any time in the future.
How to Communicate a Preference to Us
- Call us at 1-888-552-5228.
- Mail this response form to:
- Michael Saunders and Company
100 South Washington Blvd.
Sarasota, FL 34236
We may share information about you within our affiliated companies. However, you may instruct us not to share certain personal information as described in Section 4.
[____] Do not share personal information about me other than my own transaction and experience information for any purpose and do not share any information about me for marketing purposes among affiliated companies.
If you are satisfied with the current level of information you receive from us, you do not need to change your solicitation preferences at this time. If you choose not to hear from us, you may not be notified about new services with us that may benefit you.
Please do not contact me for marketing purposes by:
[_____] Telephone [____] Mail
Complete the Name and Address section below ONLY if you have checked one or more of the boxes above. If you have not indicated a preference, no action will be taken.
Date ____/____/________ (mm/dd/yyyy)
City __________________________ State ____________ Zip ___________
© 2014 All rights reserved - Michael Saunders & Company®