“Dr. Beach” names Sarasota’s Siesta Beach the best beach in the United States. Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman, coastal expert and professor at Florida International University, has announced the 27th annual Top 10 Beach List. Our very own Siesta Beach has been recognized as number one.
TOP 10 BEACHES 2017
1. Siesta Beach Sarasota, Florida
2. Kapalua Bay Beach Maui, Hawaii
3. Ocracoke Lifeguarded Beach, Outer Banks of North Carolina
4. Grayton Beach State Park Florida panhandle
5. Coopers Beach Southampton, New York
6. Coast Guard Beach Cape Cod, Massachusetts
7. Caladesi Island State Park Dunedin/Clearwater, Florida
8. Hapuna Beach State Park Big Island, Hawaii
9. Coronado Beach San Diego, California
10. Beachwalker Park Kiawah Island, South Carolina
Fifty criteria are used to evaluate beaches, including water, sand quality, number of sunny days, safety and management. According to Dr. Beach, Siesta Beach’s fine, white sand attracts beach loves from all over the world. He cites the clean, clear waters along the gently sloping beach-face as the reason the Gulf is ideal for swimming. He also notes that the beach’s size, hundreds of yards wide, attracts fitness fans and volleyball players while recent upgrades include expanded parking.
Interested in learning more about what life is like on Siesta Key? Here are 10 Spectacular Homes for Sale on Siesta Key or view Siesta Key real estate, Siesta Key annual rentals, or Siesta Key vacation rentals. Or contact us at 888-552-5228 or visit our Siesta Key office located in the Village.
View our gallery of photography below: